Indigo Blume And The Garden City

By Kwame Alexander

Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN: 978-1499346145
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.

A little girl builds a rooftop garden and shows her community how to go green! About the Author Kwame Alexander is a poet, publisher, and an award-winning producer of literary programs, Dubbed a "phenom" in the poetry world by The Charleston (SC) City Paper, Alexander has written for television, the stage, and authored 14 books including And Then You Know: New & Selected Poems; and a young adult title, Crush: Love Poems; He speaks, and conducts writing/publishing workshops at schools and conferences throughout the country. Alexander resides in the Washington, DC area, where he currently serves as Founding Director of Book-in-a-Day, a literacy program that teaches and inspires youth in the writing and publishing process. Recently, Kwame served on the advisory board for Nikki Giovanni's The 100 Best African American Poems (Sourcebooks, 2010). His children s book, Acoustic Rooster and his Barnyard Band, illustrated by New York Times Bestselling Illustrator Tim Bowers, was a 2012 NAACP Image Award Nominee for Outstanding Children's Literature.