ORGANIZER

Highlights from The MY HERO Poetry Salon for Social Justice

Organized by Odile Dewar this special program features readings of original poetry by professional writers and students.

Watch the films and read the along with the text of the poem, adjacent to the photograph of the poet.

Mike Roche read Poems from the Corona Virus Poets

Watch this film of 5 poems from the Facebook group The Corona Virus Poets, featuring poetry from Mike Roche, Jeff Tank Tankersley, Kelley Weingarten, and Sara Maier.

Poetry from The Corona Virus Poets

By: The Corona Virus Poets

Read the 5 poems from the Facebook group The Corona Virus Poets, featuring poetry from Mike Roche, Jeff Tank Tankersley, Kelley Weingarten, and Sara Maier.

Poetry from Cheikh Darou Seck, Abdoul Lahad Seck, and Deguene Ndiaye

Watch this film of the poetry from Cheikh Darou Seck and his high school students, Abdoul Lahad Seck and Deguene Ndiaye, presented in both French and English.

Poetry from Cheikh Darou Seck, Abdoul Lahad Seck and Deguene Ndiaye

By: Cheikh Darou Seck, Abdoul Lahad Seck, and Deguene Ndiaye

Read the poetry from Cheikh Darou Seck and his Students, Abdoul Lahad Seck and Deguene Ndiaye.

Goutte-à-Goutte - A Poem by Odile Dewar

Watch this film of Odile Dewar reading her poem 'Goutte-à-Goutte'. 

GOUTTE-À-GOUTTE - A Poem by Odile Dewar

By: Odile Dewar

Read the poem by Odile Dewar titled "Goutte-à-Goutte".

Social Justice Poems by Derek Thomas Dew

Poems by Derek Thomas Dew edited by Katie Graubert

Watch this film of the two poems by poet Derek Thomas Dew - titled Up and Scatter and Eric Garner - shared in the International Social Justice Poetry Event.

2 Poems by Derek Thomas Dew

By: Derek Thomas Dew

Read the two poems by poet Derek Thomas Dew - "Up and Scatter" and "George Floyd".

"L' Espace ou L' Évasion?" Read by Fabiola Thébaud Kinder

Odile Dewar

Watch as Fabiola Thébaud Kinder reads L' Espace ou L' Évasion? a poem written by her father.

"L' Espace ou L' Évasion?" by Sacha "Tebó" Thébaud

By: Sacha Thébaud aka Tebó

Read the poem "L' Espace ou L' Évasion?" by poet Sacha "Tebó" Thébaud, in the original French with an English translation.

Selected Poems - EMILY DICKINSON in the 21st Century: BLACK LIVES MATTER!

Watch the film of this poem by Ali Abdolsalehi, Ivy Schweitzer, and Renée Bergland, which blends original poetry with the words of Emily Dickinson.

Links

Organizer created on 3/21/2022 11:13:52 AM by Jeanne Meyers

Last edited 10/5/2022 12:16:57 PM by Jeanne Meyers