Mike McChesney

by Emma from Savannah

My hero is Mike McChesney. I have known him since I was born. He is one of my very close friends. He is in the army. He has been to Iraq three times! Sometimes he would guard important buildings. He also went to look for Saddam Hussein’s sons! That must have been an important job! He lives in down town Savannah. His wife just had twins! They are so cute! Every time he gets a certain amount of money he gives the money to his neighbors to repair their homes. He lives in a very poor neighborhood. That is so sweet of him. He is a very generous person.

Mike is very brave. He is brave because he risked his life in Iraq. He could have been wounded or killed. He shows great amount of bravery! He also shows patriotism. He fights for our country so shows a lot of patriotism. He is also very honest. He has never lied to me before in my life. I bet that he doesn’t lie to his friends either.

Mike is like many ancient Greek heroes in many ways. He is just like Heracles because he is very strong. I bet that if I named hard challenges like Heracles had to do, then Mike would do it. He is also like Heracles because they are both very brave. Mike is also not like ancient Greek gods. He is definitely not like Hera because Mike is patient and he is honest. Mike might not be an ancient Greek hero, but he is still a hero to me.