Deborah Cox

by Alan Nascimento from toronto, Ontario in Canada

Did you know that Deborah Cox is a three-time JUNO (Canadian Music Award) winner? I sure didn’t but today you will learn about Deborah’s childhood, How Deborah started acting, and how Deborah Cox got inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.  And she was the first black woman to do so.

The first thing I will tell you about is Deborah’s childhood. Deborah Cox was born on July 13 1974 born and raised in Scarborough Toronto to parents of Guyanese descent. Deborah was raised Catholic and attended John XXIII Catholic Elementary School and Earl Haig Secondary School. At the age of 12 years old, Deborah Cox began performing on TV ads. In 1994 Deborah relocated to the U.S. Cox started her music industry in 1990 she performed as a backup for Celine Dion for six months.  

Now I'm going to tell you about how Deborah Cox started acting. As I told you before Deborah started performing on TV at the age of 12 but she also entered a lot of different talent shows. One of them is Tiny Talent Time. Deborah also performed in nightclubs as a teenager. Deborah Cox started her acting career in the 2000s. Her first film debut was the Canadian Love Come Down. 2004 came around and Deborah Cox made her stage debut in the title role for the Broadway musical.

Finally, I will tell you how Deborah Cox got inducted into the Canadian Music Hall Of Fame. After a lot of hard work on May 15 2022 at the 51st Annual JUNO Award Deborah Cox was inducted. Now she is a three-time Juno Award winner. Deborah Cox is the newest member and first black woman to do so of the Canadian Music Hall Of Fame. 

Now you know about Deborah’s childhood, how Deborah Cox started acting, and how Deborah Cox got into the Canadian Hall Of Fame.