John Lennon

by Dymys from Marietta

http://vavrek.com/images/john_lennon.jpg (Vavrek)
vavrek.com/images/john_lennon.jpg (Vavrek)

John Lennon was a musician and a peacemaker. He was a former member of The Beatles and created many compositions and music with Paul McCartney. They became one of the best song writing teams in history. John Lennon was born in Liverpool, England on October 9, 1940. He lived with his Aunt Mimi and his Uncle George. Later he got married to Cynthia Powell and had a child named Julian Lennon. Later, John divorced her and married Yoko Ono. They had a son named Sean Ono Lennon. 

Quarrymen (beatlesnumber9.com/quarrymen.html (BBC))
Quarrymen (http://beatlesnumber9.com/quarrymen.html (BBC))

When he was a teenager, John failed his O-level exams. Soon, he attended art college instead. Later, he formed a skiffle band (that was a craze back then in the 50'). He called his band the Quarrymen with Paul McCartney. They formed the Beatles when they met George Harrison. They arrived in America in 1964. It was a life changing experience for him and his band. After the band broke up in the late 70's, John went solo and made songs with his new wife Yoko Ono that he met in India. He made influential songs such as Give Peace a Chance, Imagine, and Merry X-Mas (War is Over)

userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/27356721/John+Lennon++Yoko+Ono+WARisOver.jpg ( Last.fm)

John Lennon has showed heroism in many ways. His band The Beatles has inspired many musical pieces. Some people do not realize that without his band, today's generation of music may not have existed. The Beatles popularized blues music. Another way he showed heroism is that he started a peace campaign. He made peace songs such as Imagine, Give Peace a Chance, and Merry X-mas (War is over). His Bagism album also motivated peace. John Lennon was very inspiring and heroic.

www.denverpost.com/movies/ci_4414210 (Denver Post)

I feel that John Lennon displayed various characteristics of a hero, such as inspiring people to make a different genre of music. His band influenced psychedelic music, and various types of rock such as heavy rock. He was all about peace. He also helped promote peace and to bring the Vietnam troops home. 

John Lennon Shot Dead  (www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=johnlennon (My Hero Site))
John Lennon Shot Dead

John Lennon dropped out of sight for 5 years in 1975. This was because of the birth of his son, Sean Ono Lennon. He dropped off the face of the Earth and raised his son. After 5 years, he finally started recording again. It was one of the most anticipated times of the year. His album Double Fantasy was released in 1980. On December 7, 1980, he was shot dead.

John Lennon's heroism has taught us a lesson. I think he has taught us the basics of progressive rock, so we can make other people happy and tap their toes more often. He has also taught us to be peaceful and to be loving through his songs. John Lennon was not just an artist, he was a person who taught through music and will be forever remembered.