Film Festival 2006
From Beirut…To Those Who Love Us

Produced by Beirut Letters/Samidoun

"We are here, where are you?"
screen shot <em>From Beirut To Those Who Love Us</em
screen shot From Beirut To Those Who Love Us

Filmed from Beirut on the 21st of July, 2006, this collaborative effort between Beirut Letters and Samidoun is a powerful film that expresses the impact that the violence in the Middle East has on the Lebanese community. By using voice-over and the emotions on the faces of the film-makers, it is a heartfelt, elegant and impactful effort to communicate the humanity and the suffering of this community.

Hi. We are around 4 million people. So far, 150,000 have left the country, and we were hit by 15,000 missiles, Israeli missiles. At first, we disagreed on how to address you. Do we speak to you as an Arab viewer? Or as a European? In the end, we agreed that it is irrelevant, no one is listening anyway.

Now listen well. We are besieged, and the smell of gunpowder is in the air. Gunpowder, and the world is watching…What matters is we still have a bit of water and food, and pride, and dignity, and love.

We are here, where are you?