SPORTS HEROES

Adaptive Action Sports has provided opportunities for adaptive athletes to compete in snowboarding competitions.Aimee Mullins challenges the definitions of physical beauty and athletic ability. Albert Pujols is a hero to Travis because of his faith, devotion to his family, and skill as a baseball player.Alexander Medved is a three-time Olympic wrestling champion and vice-president of the Belarusian National Olympic Committee.
Althea Gibson broke the color barrier in professional tennis.Amy Hannus is a boxer who champions women's strengths.Anthony Robles is an accomplished wrestler despite his disability.Armintie Price is a hardworking, passionate, and inspiring basketball star in the WNBA.
Arnold Palmer is a golf icon who moved the sport onto the national scene.Arthur Ashe was a tennis champion and humanitarian.Bethany Hamilton survived a shark attack and inspired the world with her determination.Betty Lennox is a basketball player who started The Lennox Foundation 22 for abused children.
Bill Bradley once a pro-basketball player now is a politician who advocates reform to make America better for all.Bill Veeck was a maverick sports owner and an inspiration to fans.Billie Jean King is an advocate for women in sports and champion tennis playerBilly Mills is an Olympic gold medal runner who encourages Native American youth to believe in the power of their dreams.
C. Vivian Stringer despite great challenges, pursued her passion for basketball and is known for turning women into champions. Calvin Edwin Ripken Jr. was honored by the Phoenix Foundation for Children.Cathy Freeman wins races and respect for the plight of native Australian people.Chamique Holdsclaw is one of the most celebrated players in women's basketball.
Cle Ross is bringing youth baseball back to an inner city Darrell Green started a foundation to help underprivileged kids better their futures and become strong leadersDave Congdon is a Special Olympics athlete and an inspiration to many facing barriers and difficult times.DeeDee Jonrowe is a veteran dog sled musher in the Iditarod Race
Derartu Tulu was the first African woman to win an Olympic gold medal.Detective Luis Rosa volunteers to make the lives of people with disabilities better.Dick Hoyt is a dedicated Dad who breaks down barriers to his son's disability.Dorothy Ferguson Key played in the All American Girls Professional Baseball League.
Douglas Richard Flutie established a foundation to help families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder.Duke Kahanamoku was an Olympic gold medalist and 'Father of Surfing'Earl Antoine Boykins is a star basketball player who has fought against the odds.Effa Manley was an activist and pioneer in breaking down baseball's racial barriers.
Ellen MacArthur has broken numerous records with her courageous solo sailing adventures.Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah rode a bike across Ghana to challenge the stigma of being disabled.Eric Heiden is a legendary Olympic speedskater.Eric Liddell was an Olympic champion who held fast to his Christian beliefs.
Ernest Davis  was the first black football player to win the Heisman Trophy.Ernie Wallengren was an acclaimed writer, and a beloved youth basketball coach.Eunice Kennedy Shriver dedicated her life to raising awareness and creating opportunities for the intellectually disabled.Fauja Singh is an inspiring British centenarian marathon runner (the Turbaned Tornado) who only recently retired.
Florence Griffith Joyner (Flo-Jo) was one of the greatest women atheletes of all time. Frank Zamboni developed the world's first ice resurfacer machine used on ice rinks.George Taliaferro was the first African American drafted by a National Football League team.Girls for Gender Equity, Inc. encourages girls to live self-determined and healthy lives and to contribute to their community.
Glenn Cunningham  was an American long distance runner who overcame tremendous challenges.Haile Gebrselassie is a record-breaking champion runner and a humanitarian, fighting against poverty in Ethiopia.Hank Aaron is a legendary baseball player who inspires us with his record and his character.Hannah Teter is an Olympic snowboarder who started her own foundation to help children in Kenya.
Heath Calhoun is a paralympic skier who encourages wounded warriors and others to never give up.Ian James Thorpe an Olympic Gold Medalist in swimming, established a foundation to help children in need.Jack Hitchens is a hero to Emily because he taught her the value of humility and working hard. Jackie Chan dedicates his time
and money to
helping others.
Jackie Joyner-Kersee is the women's world record holder of the heptathalon and a philanthropist.Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in major league baseball.Jacques Plante was a hocky player who invented the goalie mask.James Naismith  invented the game of basketball in 1891.
James Stewart overcame prejudice to pursue his dream of becoming a competitive dirtbike rider.Janet Guthrie First woman to race in the Indianapolis 500 Jesse Owens defied the odds in running.Jim Abbott became a professional baseball pitcher, despite having only one hand.
Jim Plunkett persevered and overcame obstacles to achieve his dream of playing in the NFL.Jim Thorpe was one of the world's greatest athletes.Johann Olav Koss: Right To Play is a Norwegian Olympian who founded Right to PlayJohn Wooden is one of the most revered coaches in the history of U.S. sports.
Jorge Campos is a former Mexican soccer player who sets a good example and encourages kids to put school first.Josh Vander Vies is a determined and amazing athlete.Judit Polgar is breaking the gender barrier in the world of chess.Julie Krone a female jockey and first woman to win the Triple Crown
Julio Vasquez was beloved mentor and master of taekwondo.Ken Carter taught his basketball team how to succeed on and off the court.Larry Doby joined Jackie Robinson in breaking the color barrier.Libby Riddles won the Iditarod dog sled race in 1985.
Lionel Andres Messi became a professional soccer player in spite of the odds against him.Loretta Claiborne is a star Special Olympics Global Messenger, athlete, and marathon runner.Lou Ferrigno is a successful actor and bodybuilder who overcame a hearing disability.Louie Bonpua was an inspiration to fellow cancer patients and athletes.
Louis Zamperini is a WW2 prisoner of war survivor who forgave his tormentor and inspires others to forgive.Luma Mufleh is a Jordanian immigrant who founded the Fugees Soccer Team to help disadvantaged kids.Lynne Cox is a long-distance swimmer who helped break the ice between the US and the USSR.Magic Johnson inspires others with his basketball talents and philanthropic work.
Mandy Morales inspires her cousin with her outstanding coaching abilities.Manute Bol was a Sudanese-born basketball player, humanitarian and activist for freedom for Sudan.Mariel (Mia) Hamm  has inspired the next generation of women athletes with her talent, her mentoring and her humanitarian work.Mark Pfetzer was the youngest non sherpa to climb Mt. Everest.
Marla Runyan overcame a visual impairment to become an Olympic runner.Martina Moravcova is Slovakia's first world champion swimmer to ever win multiple medals at the Olympics.Martina Navratilova is a former tennis player and coach who is an activist for animals, gay rights and underprivileged children.Mia Hamm has inspired the next generation of women athletes.
Michael Jordan can do anything with a basketball, and is admired on and off the court. Michael Phelps is an Olympic champion swimmer who never gives up.Mickey Mantle created a foundation to help people needing organ transplants.Mike Krzyzewski  is a basketball coach who motivates and inspires more than his players.
Mildred "Babe" Didrikson excelled in every sport she played.Muhammad Ali is still 'The Greatest.'Nadia Comaneci was the first and youngest gymnast ever to score a perfect 10 at the Olympics.Natalie Darwitz is an Olympic hockey champion who inspires her cousin with her perseverance and leadership skills.
Norm Flynn founded an organization committed to empowering kids through ice hockey.Olaf Kolzig is a legendary ice hockey player dedicated to raising awareness about autism.Pee Wee Reese is a hero to Jacob because he helped end rascism in Major League BaseballPele is a great
Brazilian soccer
hero.
Pete Carroll is a successful coach who founded A Better LA to help gang members live a better life and plug into their communities.Peyton Williams Manning is a football quarterback who started the Payback Foundation for disadvantaged kids. Rania Elwani is a renowned Egyptian Olympian swimmer.Rebecca Lobo inspires basketball playing Emma with her commitment and determination to succeed.
Rick Hansen broke boundaries and records as a disabled athlete.Roberto Clemente was a baseball great and a selfless humanitarian.Rocky Marciano is the only undefeated heavyweight champion in boxing history.Rosario Iglesias was 80 years old when she became a runner and started to win medals.
Rudy wanted to
run before he
could walk.
Ryan Allen Sheckler is a professional skateboarder and founder of the Sheckler Foundation.Sachin Tendulkar is an amazing cricketeer and batsman from India.Sandra Kay Yow is a groundbreaking women's basketball coach and founder of Kay Yow/WBCA Cancer Fund.
Sandra Schmirler was Saskatchewan's beloved curling champion.Sandy Koufax is the youngest player ever to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.Scott Hamilton performs magic on
the ice rink and
battles heroically with cancer.
Serena Williams is record-breaking professional tennis player.
So Taguchi inspires one of his fans to persevere and try his best.Soul Surfing: Laurel Eastman is a kiteboarder committed to finding ways in which sport and the environment can exist in harmony.Special Olympics Athletes demonstrate their unity and support of each other through kindness and sportsmanshipStan Musial was a major league baseball who was awarded the Medal of Freedom award.
Steve Prefontaine was one of America's most famous runners.Troy Aikman is an NFL legend and sponsor of children's charities.Venus Williams won the 2000 US Open tennis tournament.Vince Lamar Carter is a talented and compassionate basketball star.
Willie Howard Mays was a favored baseball player.Willie O'Ree was the NHL's first black hockey player. Wilma Rudolph was the first American woman to win 3 Olympic gold medals.Yogi Berra Baseball legend Yogi Berra is known for his brilliant career, his wit and his kindness.

[home] [angels] [animals] [artists] [business] [child] [community] [earthkeepers] [explorers] [faith] [family] [freedom] [hero's hero] [lifesavers] [literary] [peacemakers] [poets] [science] [sports] [teachers] [writers] [news] [directory] [participate] [sponsors] [credits] [Español] [links] [search] [guestbook]
For more information, contact:
MY HERO
1278 Glenneyre #286
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Fax (949) 376-9540
e-mail: myhero@myhero.com