n/a | Xenia Shin, Jeanne Meyers, et al.
Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko
Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG. Sorry, your browser does not support inline SVG.

Women Transforming Media: Jen Senko

n/a | Xenia Shin, Jeanne Meyers, et al. | 2016 | United States

In her second documentary feature, Jen Senko analyzes the rise of right wing media through her relationship with her father, who became "unreachable" after he started to listen to right-wing radio and watch Fox News avidly. Jen shares her experiences making of the film through Kickstarter, where her project got the attention of Emmy Award-nominated actor Matthew Modine, who ended up narrating the film and co-producing it with his production company, Cinco Dedos Peliculas. Jen talks about getting interview subjects to help explain what happened to her father, and how we got to today's pisive media landscape.

For More Information

The Brainwashing of My Dad - Official Website
<
>

Ariel Lin
Elaine Noble
Deborah D. Tucker
Malala Yousafzai
Malala
Meg Greenfield
Mary Ellen "Meg" Greenfield was an influential figure in journalism for two decades as the editorial editor of the Washington Post (1979-1999) and a columnist for Newsweek (1974-1999).
Sister Thea Bowman
Sister Thea Bowman was an important link between the African American community and Roman Catholicism and is being considered for sainthood.
The House on Mango Street
“Afortunado! Lucky! Lucky the generation who grew up with Esperanza and The House on Mango Street. And lucky future readers. This funny, beautiful book will always be with us.” —Maxine Hong Kingston
Nurturing Healing Love: A Mother's Journey of Hope and Forgiveness
This book is a must read. Ms. Lewis shows us strength, courage and wisdom and she describes the healing process she has gone through after losing her son in the Sandy Hook tragedy. She is truly an inspiration as she encourages us all to choose love.
One woman’s journey from CEO to minister to puppeteer
They Can't Do That Do Us
US Sen. Elizabeth Warren gets 2nd turn as comic book hero
Annie Oakley
Helen Keller
Patsy Mink
Patsy Mink was the first woman of color, and first Asian American elected to the US Congress. As well being one of many firsts -- she was also the first Asian American to seek the presidential nomination of the Democratic Party in 1972! -- she was a lifelong advocate for equity for women. She fought for women’s advancement in educational and economic  opportunities, especially working mothers for most of her life.
Princess Diana
Michelle Obama
Mrs Gakou Salamata Fofana
Princess Diana- Marchici Luminita, Jacota Elena from Moldova
Princess Diana is a real hero for our society. She is the person who could see the beauty in commonplace things and it is not just a quality, but an endowment
Rosa Parks by Robert Shetterly
Rosa Parks by Robert Shetterly, AWTT.org , 2002 Americans Who Tell the Truth "The only tired I was, was tired of giving in." - Rosa Parks -