Restless Spirit: The Life and Work of Dorothea Lange

By Elizabeth Partridge, Dorothea Lange

Publisher: Viking Childrens Books 1998
ISBN: 067087888X
MY HERO recommends this book to young adult readers.
Synopsis
A biography of Dorothea Lange, whose photographs of migrant workers, Japanese American internees, and rural poverty helped bring about important social reforms.
User Reviews:
Elizabeth A. Jackson | 1/12/2010 8:23 PM
These photographs are life changing experiences and make you see what we should be thankful for...
kenley | 4/27/2009 8:13 AM
great bio!
nicole | 10/14/2008 12:07 PM
right now I'm working on a presentation for a school project. i chose Dorothea Lange without knowing who she was. now i know and i think she is very insperational
anna | 10/2/2008 11:31 PM
                                                                                              I think this photo is so touching
Rosemary | 6/8/2008 9:58 AM
I have been thinking about Dorothea Lange's work for many years; and, in my view,
it's important for almost everyone to at least know some of her work (and what the WPA was).  Very much like Shakespeare:  too close for comfort, when people really listen.  Nevertheless, I'll send it along...look, it the worst I do is send my nieces and nephew Shakespeare and Lange (and such)you never know they might take a look someday......Whatever!
Love,
Aunt Rosemary
xoxoxxo
Rose | 2/3/2008 10:36 PM
I find the works of Dorothea Lange very inspirational.
Donna | 10/30/2007 4:28 AM
I think this photo is so touching. It reminds me of my little sister who just passed not too long ago. Art that can make me think about a moment in my life is not only worth seeing but having.

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews