The MY HERO Project | Library

Rachel: The Story of Rachel Carson

By Amy Ehrlich

Publisher: Silver Whistle; (March 2003)
ISBN: 0152162275
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
From the Publisher
Rachel Carson was always curious about the world around her. As a girl she loved being outside, always exploring and wanting to know more about the universe. As an adult Rachel wrote books about what she loved--including Silent Spring, a book that changed the world.

Amy Ehrlich's lucid and loving prose, complemented by Wendell Minor's luminous paintings, tells a memorable story of the power of the word, the power of the individual, and--most of all--the importance of following your heart.

User Reviews:
Rebecca Waddell | 4/6/2015 2:43 AM
I LOVE THE WAY YOU PUT EVERY THING IN ORDER LIKE THE FACTS SO AWESOME....!!!!!!
isaiah daugherty | 10/25/2010 6:57 AM
this is an excellent source of information
star | 4/10/2008 7:56 AM
i love,love,loved it
Ashley | 2/25/2008 9:49 PM
I loved your book. It was great.
shannon byrne | 9/3/2007 5:47 AM
it is good to read and its cool  
cheyennecamp | 8/4/2007 11:41 AM
that book is great. it helped me out with my project. i am in 6th grade.
Rachel Shipp | 5/12/2007 9:36 AM
    Rachel Carson was a great writer and she was a great marine biologist. I have read Rachel's biography and she has written books that have made the top seller list! She also was a great person because when her sister died she was there and took her sister's baby to take care of with her mother. Rachel's mom and Rachel got a bad sickness but Rachel fought it and got better, while Rachel's mother was on the couch getting better. Then Rachel's mother dies and Rachel took care of the little girl and did her wrok! Rachel was wrote a artical about how the bug posin's were very dangerous and people and animals were getting sick from the bug posins in the air. Then when Rachel sent the artical in the magizen scienctist were saying that the facts in Rachel's artical were all NOT TRUE! Then Rachel wrote a new artical and made sure that all of the facts were true. So she went to some sceintist to ask if the facts were all true. And all the scienctist agreed with Rachel. Then she sent the artical to the magizen and they put it in! And when people around the country saw the artical in the magzien they were complaning that the bug posins were soon going to kill everyone on earth and earth it's self. That is how Rachel Carson was a great person!
| 3/20/2006 1:18 AM
it is cool
| 3/13/2006 7:31 AM
it is a wonderful book to read and learn about the past.
| 3/13/2006 7:29 AM
i love rachel carson books especially rachel carson saving the environment
Patricia McAdam | 3/5/2006 11:20 AM
I really enjoyed this book it put me in touch with rachel in a way
Jessica Stevick | 3/3/2004 9:14 PM
I love all of Rachel Carson's books!

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews