Best of MY HERO Films

Get inspired by wonderful heroes, creative short films & powerful activism in film.

Excellent Professional work

Material Bodies

Produced by:Julie Machin, Lucy Pucillino
A visceral and empathetic exploration of people’s relationship with their prosthetic limbs.

A Walk Through The Land of A Thousand Hills

Chema Domenech
Claver Ntoyinkima, a native park ranger, shares the secrets of Nyungwe National Park in Rwanda as he guides us through the forest.

Facebook Stories - The Conditioned

Producer: Facebook Stories - Michael Marantz
Raimundo Arruda Sobrinho was homeless in Brazil, for nearly 35 years. In April 2011, he was befriended by a young woman named Shalla Monteiro. Impressed by his poetry she created a Facebook Page to feature Raimundo’s writing. Neither could have expected what happened next.

Words Have Power

Produced by:Lynne Cherry
10-year-old Jaysa rallies the community with her speeches about how the power plant causes asthma and “so much suffering.” When they succeed in shutting down the plant, Jaysa concludes that “words have power.”

Human Rights & Tolerance

Cries of the Children

Produced by:Angel Miracle Espericueta
Cries of the Children is a short film about how Latinos are affected by social media postings illustrating child separation.

I'll take it from here... Because I'm a Girl

Produced by:Raj Yagnik, Shona Hamilton
One in three girls around the world is denied an education by the daily realities of poverty, conflict or discrimination.

Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street

Produced by:Howard Schultz and Rajiv Chandrasekaran
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?

Animation

The Peace of Wild Things

Katy Wang
When despair for the world grows in me… ...I come into the peace of wild things. ~Wendell Barry

Binding Adventures

Mikylah Spangenberg
June and Timothy Watts are late for their train. What will the rest of their adventure entail?

Vital Voices: Hawa Abdi

Producer: Aaron Kisner
Dr. Hawa Abdi is Somalia's first female gynecologist. When the central government collapsed in 1989, Dr. Abdi's one-room clinic on her family farm began treating and housing local people fleeing the fighting.

Trudie's Goose

C. Lily Ericsson, Cheri Gaulke, Samara Hutman and Liran Kapel
When a young girl preparing for her Bat Mitzvah befriends a Holocaust survivor elder, both lives are changed forever as they journey from darkness to healing through the power of art.

Featured Music Video

Unsung Hero Song

Produced by:Kitty Richardson, George Abalone, Edited by Katie Graubart, Animatio...
This song was written and performed by Kitty Richardson.

Mr. Blue Sky

Producer: Michael Patterson & Candace Reckinger - Song by ELO
An imaginative interpretation of the ELO song Mr. Blue Sky.

SFU Public Square ONE VOICE Music Project

Producer: SFU Public Square/Sarah Van Borek from CANADA
The power of music, media, performance and collaboration to bridge divides and inspire appreciation for diverse communities.

College Narrative

Locks

Producer: Ryan Coogler
A touching story that reminds us not to be limited by preconceived notions.

Present Trauma

Produced by:Mark Manalo
'Present Trauma' is a psychological drama about Keith, a Marine veteran struggling to cope with family life after a combat tour overseas.

High School Music Video

Hands Up Don't Shoot

Produced by:RAP ARTIST:Queen McElrath, DIRECTOR: Aniea Cody, PRODUCER: Todd Youn...
Nashville students, Queen McElrath and team show love and talent for Michael Brown and the people of Ferguson Missouri.

Believe

Produced by:Logan Cascia - Music by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Portrait of hero Tommy Carroll, who embraces his disability and doesn't view his blindness as a handicap--and meets his hero, skateboard legend Tony Hawk.

Elementary Music Video

Wear a Mask Hamilton Parody #STOPTHESPREAD

Angelina Pendleton-Mendez & Leila Woodward
A reminder to wear a mask and help stop the spread of COVID-19.

Heartbeat of the Earth

Producer: The Dreamteam
The Earth needs us and we need the Earth.

Experimental

Dance With Me

Gabriel Diamond
For years I’ve had a crazy idea in my head, and I was always afraid to do it… until I finally did it.

Composition For Sustained Rain

Producer: Groupo Humus from ARGENTINA
The leaks of a house become the perfect excuse for an aquatic symphony.

The Dream of Life - Alan Watts

Producer: Isaac Blencowe
Visualizing an inspiring and profound speech from the late Alan Watts.

Dreaming & Taking Action

Yasmine Sherif Global Educator Award Winner

Kitty Richardson
Congratulations to Yasmine Sherif, the Director of Education Cannot Wait and the winner of the 2020 Global Educator Award.

Taking Root

Produced by:Michelle Law
In a small farming area outside the city, Mr. Loi, a local farmer, discovers the techniques of chemical-free farming.

A Case for Dreaming

Producer: The Moxie Institute/Dir. Tiffany Shlain

This short 6 min film explores the creative and emotional importance of….letting our brains do nothing.

Hummingbird [excerpt from dirt! THE MOVIE]

Produced by:Bill Benenson, Gene Rosow, & Eleonore Dailly
Wangari Maathai shares a simple story to illustrate a powerful point.

Resources

Organizer created on 6/28/2017 6:55:15 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 11/24/2023 12:45:55 PM by Vittoria Grandis