Adam Richard Sandler

by Valerie from Herrin, Illinois

Adam Sandler
Adam Sandler

In my eyes, a hero is a person who can cheer someone up. Heroes have to be able to make people laugh. Funny people are the best! A hero can’t just be funny, though. He also has to be caring. Caring people are awesome, too. They must be funny, caring, and smart. I don’t like a person without an education. My hero has to be smart. He also needs to love.

My hero is Adam Sandler. He is my hero because he is funny, caring, smart, and loving. He’s my favorite comedian because of all those things.

We all know he’s funny. I can tell he’s smart because he graduated from New York University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 1991. He has a wife also, and he obviously loves and cares for her. That’s my kind of hero!

Adam Sandler & Jackie Titone
Adam Sandler & Jackie Titone

Adam grew up in the town of Manchester, New Hampshire. He went back to his old school in 2003 to speak at the high school graduation. He had a nephew that graduated that year. After high school, Adam went to college. He went to New York University, where he graduated in 1991. He became a comedian at the age of 17. He took it to the next level after he finished school. He also got married to Jackie Titone.

Adam Sandler has played a role in many movies, and even television shows. For example, he played in the "Cosby Show" as a friend of one of the kids. He was on "Saturday Night Live," also. Some movies were: Airheads, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Big Daddy, Deeds, Eight Crazy Nights, Punch-Drunk Love, and The Wedding Singer. He has been chosen to do other movies as well, but he has not taken them. That’s how good he is.

Adam's Dog Meatball
Adam's Dog Meatball

He had a dog named Meatball. The dog had passed away because of a heart attack at the age of four. Meatball was the son of Mr.Beefy, who played the dog in the movie Little Nicky. When Adam got married, Meatball got to be the best “man”. Meatball was all dressed up for the occasion. He wore a tux, and since Adam was Jewish, he also wore a yarmulke.

Adam Sandler also loves wrestling. In movies that he has written himself, he refers to professional wrestling. In his movie, Billy Madison, he had the principal play as a wrestler. He had used Captain Insano in The Waterboy. Adam also used Chief Jay Strongbow’s sleeper hold in his movie Big Daddy. He also used more. He has two favorite bands, too. Van Halen and Styx are used in some films. Adam is a baseball fan as well. He loves the Yankees. He has them referred to in his movie Anger Management. He actually goes to their games, also.

Adam Sandler
Adam Sandler

Adam Sandler was born to make people laugh. He is the funniest guy I know. I love and own all the movies he has ever been in. He’s my hero! He has everything a hero needs in my eyes. He has the brains, the sense of humor, the caring and loving personality that every hero needs. Adam Sandler is the greatest!