Abraham Lincoln

by Alex from Emmaus

He was a lawer, a president, and a congressman. He ended the Civil War, wrote the Gettysburg Adress, and wrote the Emancipation Proclimation. If I had a role model/ hero, could you guess who it would be?

It would be Abraham Lincoln at 6' 4" tall with his stovepipe hat. Abe Lincoln would definitely be my role model/ hero. He did many good things in his life. Such as he wrote the Gettysburg Address andwrote the Emancipation Proclimation. he also stopped slavery ( which he is best known for).

In the process of stopping slavery there were many battles fought. Abe did not like this. As much as he tried to stop to stop the battles before they started, the Confederate generals just kept attacking. This was another good trait about Abraham Lincoln. He hated wars and wished people wern't killed. he wanted peace everywhere. Although he knew this couldn't be accomplished, he kept trying until he was assassinated.

Abraham Lincoln also wrote one of the most famous speeches in the history of the U. S. , the Gettysburg Address. The Gettysburg Address states that all men are created equal, and that we should strive for what our fore fathers intended to do, have everybody live peacefully and equally in a democratic state.

The thing that i admire most about Abe is not that he was a president, but that he grew up ina very poor family, yet still, he accomplished all these great things. Abe beat the odds no matter how big an obstacle in his way was. he never stopped trying to make this a completely peaceful world. Abe had all the traits that I admire in someone. This is why i consider him my hero.