Saint Maximilian Kolbe: Mary''s Knight (Encounter the Saints Series, 10)

By Patricia Edward Jablonski

Publisher: Pauline Books & Media; (February 2002)
ISBN: 0819870455
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
User Reviews:
Rebekah | 10/6/2010 11:03 AM
I have named my baby son Maximilian after this great man.  My father was Jewish and my family lost many in the death camps.  My husband is a Catholic and we are all journalists so it only seemed fitting he should be named so.  It was also my father's favourite name.  There are not many people in this world who would sacrifice themselves for someone they do not even know.  Truly inspiring.
ljiljana gajski,Zagreb,Croatia | 8/15/2010 8:39 PM
Father Kolbe is my Saint bec ause he  was a first Radio redactor for St.Maria Immaculata.I heard of his martyr whwn I was in Rome and returned to gymnasium in Zagreb I wrote about it,then Director(communist A.Crvelin)  would me expell from the school  but he suddenly died and so I stayed in school.You can immagine  my joy when M.Kolbe begain a Saint!His idea of love is the Love of Christs love  and I am very proud of my small suffering for telling the thruth for such grandious man!
Avril Rickarby | 4/28/2008 6:13 AM
I share your love of Maximilian Kolbe.  In Augustof this year I taking part in a Flower Festival in a church in a nearby town.  The theme is 'Saints', I immediatly thought of Maximilian Kolbe.  I am looking forward to the privilege of depicting this wonderful saint's life in flowers.  The church is a Minster in the town of Beccles, Suffolk, called St Benet's, the parish priest is Dom Such, a Benedictine.  Just thought you might be interested. Regard, Avril

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews