The MY HERO Project | Library

In the Name of Sorrow and Hope

By Noa Ben Artzi-Pelossof

Publisher: Knopf Publishing Group, April 1996
ISBN: 9780679450795
MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.
Synopsis
When Noa Ben Artzi-Pelossof spoke at the funeral of her grandfather Yitzhak Rabin, she touched the world''s heart. She does so again, in this deeply moving memoir and plea for peace. A stirring voice from yet another Israeli generation living in turmoil and in danger, Noa, at age nineteen, reflects on her life to date: a childhood scarred by tragedy and rescued by her family''s love; a constant fear - fed by random bombings - for the lives of relatives and friends; the chaotic impact of war - Lebanon, the Intifada, the Gulf war; the hate from outside, and now from within, Israel. Noa talks of her grandfather''s assassin and the extremists who nourished his violence. She shares her precious memories of her grandfather, with whom she lived until the age of six and to whom she remained close to for the rest of his life. She offers insights into his transformation from soldier to leader to peacemaker, his courageous determination to change the course of the Middle East conflict, and the steps he took in search of a lasting peace for future generations of Israelis. Noa speaks to him, and to the world.
Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews