Press_Release

My Hero Receives Laguna Beach Festival Of Arts Foundation Grant

CONTACT:  Victoria Murphy FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[email protected]
949.376.5964

THE MY HERO PROJECT RECEIVES GRANT FROM LAGUNA BEACH FESTIVAL OF ARTS FOUNDATION FOR HERO ART WORKSHOPS

LAGUNA BEACH, CA - 06/18/15 - The MY HERO project was awarded funds in the amount of $2000 from the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts Foundation to support media arts education in the Laguna Beach School District. To this end, MY HERO media arts educators worked with students in the digital art and photography classes at Laguna Beach High School to inspire students to submit environmentally themed art and public service announcements to the annual Laguna Hero Fest. Twelve different students' works were selected for exhibition at [seven- degrees] on May 14, 2015 in conjunction with celebrating the Eco Heroes of Laguna Beach that evening. Guests and honorees appreciated the students' creativity and commitment to ecology.
 Laguna Beach High School Art at 2015 Laguna Hero Fest

In addition, funds from the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts Foundation supported the screening of the MY HERO short film, the Eco Heroes of Laguna Beach at Thurston Middle School in the art classes taught by Linda Erickson. Students were encouraged to create new works with the theme of environmental conservation, after viewing the contributions of local heroes featured in the short movie.

2015 Laguna Hero Fest Showcases Teen Art
MY HERO is grateful to the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts Foundation for its continued support of our media arts education programs in the community of Laguna Beach.

MY HERO is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible: http://myhero.com/donate