Press_Release

MY HERO Celebrates Eva Haller @ GCU NYC

Eva Haller
  Eva Haller

Contact: Jeanne Meyers                           FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[email protected]
949-376-5964

MY HERO and Glasgow Caledonia University, friends and not profit partners joined together to host a special 86TH BIRTHDAY celebration for Eva Haller.

NEW YORK, NY – 05/17/16 – When Nazi’s invaded her native Hungary, in World War II, young Eva Haller convinced a soldier to spare her life because she was, “too young and too beautiful to die.” Today the 86 year old activist is leading delegations to the United Nations, and shaping nonprofits that support women around the world.

Eva Haller's birthday bash at Glasgow Caledonian University in New York

On May 9th The MY HERO Project threw a New York City birthday bash for 86-year-old Haller, to honor her for her work as an activist and mentor.  The event was hosted by Glasgow Caledonian University in New York where Haller has been honored with an honorary degree. 

Eva has served on the Board of Trustees for the University of California Santa Barbara for 30 years, is the Founding Board Chair of Free the Children, and was co-founder and president of the Campaign Communications Institute of America. 

The evening featured the New York premiere of the MY HERO documentary Eva Haller: A Work in Progress. The documentary premiered earlier at the 2016 Santa Barbara International Film Festival.

The founders of The MY HERO Project, Karen Pritzker, Jeanne Meyers and Rita Stern Milch

Cara Smyth, Vice President of Glasgow Caledonia University, welcomed a full house…. guests included the founders of MY HERO Jeanne Meyers, Rita Stern Milch and Karen Pritkzer, Yoel Haller and his family, Eva Haller and her family, Shelly Rubin and leaders in the not for profit world. The birthday celebration included outstanding performances by Monica Yunus and Camille Zamora of Sing for Hope, and a performance by 28 girls from the Manhattan Girls Chorus. 
Monica Yunus and Camille Zamora
Monica Yunus and Camille Zamora
Haller’s story is highlighted in the The MY HERO Project’s - Women Transforming Media blog, launched with support from the American Association of University Women (AAUW). Women Transforming Media highlights women making positive change in media and the world explained writer/producer, Xenia Shen. MY HERO is home to the new Women Transforming Media blog, which features a short biography of Haller and other exceptional women. 

The MY HERO Project is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to celebrating the world’s heroes, one story at a time. MY HERO’s award winning website (myhero.com) hosts the world’s largest archive of hero themed stories, art, music and short films.