BONO

by Joseph from Columbus

Bono
Bono with baby
Bono with baby

Bono has a great sense of caring that seems to be never ending. He is self aware, sensitive and, thoughtful of the less fortunate. Through his actions he tries to help out as much as he can. He uses his talent and band to help his goal and foundation. Bono is a person that continually self sacrifices for his causes and charities.

Bono with a child
Bono with a child

Bono is my hero because he is the founder of RED. Red is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting starvation, H.I.V and AIDS in Afric. I have very strong feelings about all issues going on in Africa. I think it is sad that so many lives are lost to water related problems. Some lives are even lost to simple diseases like malnutrition and not having proper care. Bono raises money through concerts, RED products, and raising awareness.

Bono on Time Magazine
Bono on Time Magazine
Bono with Oprah
Bono with Oprah

joinred - This is the RED website. It tells information about how to help fight AIDS in Africa.
U2 - Bonos band
bonoonline - a website about Bono
U2diary - about u2
U2wanderer - about u2