Philosophers

Benjamin Franklin

by Kyle from San Diego

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest" said by one of our Founding Fathers of the United States of America, Benjamin Franklin. Benjamin Franklin has created numerous inventions for the benefits of others. Benjamin Franklin was a scientist, philosopher, diplomat, printer, and author. Benjamin Franklin is a hero because of his courageousness, hard work, and dedicating his life for the benefits of others.

Benjamin was born January 17th, 1706. He only attended school for two years, then quit to work with his father. At age twelve, Ben worked with his brother, James, writing newspapers. James made fun of the clergy and was put in jail, leaving the job to Benjamin. After James was released, he was not grateful that Ben had kept the newspaper going. Ben then ran away from his newspaper job, and took a boat to New York to see if he could find a job as a printer but he didn't. He walked to New Jersey and reached Philadelphia from a boat ride. "Franklin found work as an apprentice printer. He did so well that the governor of Pennsylvania promised to set him up in business for himself."(Ushistory.org). Benjamin left Boston to start over in New York to find a new job as a printer, but failed because of his hard work and perseverance he found a job and him doing so well, the governor of Pennsylvania reached out to him.

"In the late 1775's, Benjamin Franklin being a member of the Secret Committee of Correspondence told the French and other European agents that America was seeking Independence."(history.state.gov) "By February of 1776, colonial leaders were discussing the possibility of forming foreign alliances and began to draft the Model Treaty that would serve as a basis for the 1778 alliance with France."(history.state.gov). Benjamin Franklin showing his courageousness, went to France for numerous years, convincing the French and other European agents that America wanted to form an alliance for The American Revolution.

Benjamin Franklin has constructed numerous inventions that benefit others especially in the science community. "He created the distinction between insulators and conductors. He invented a battery for storing electrical charges. He coined new English words for the new science of electricity; conductor, charge, discharge, condense, armature, electrify, and much more."(Britannica). Benjamin Franklin has made many contributions in forming The United States of America. He has made a huge impact in the field of science Benjamin has dedicated his life for the benefit of others

Although Benjamin being a author, diplomat, and a scientist; he is a true hero. He fought for others politically and not physically. Benjamin Franklin's courage, hard-work, and him dedicating his life for the benefit of others had made a huge impact in forming The United States of America.