Angels

Alverda Nichols

by Lexus from Colorado

My hero is not only a strong and caring person but she is my great grandmother. She was born in the year 1917. She died when I was only 5 years old. I can’t remember her by pictures but by stories. I have learned from her. I've learned to speak your mind and don’t be afraid. This is my hero. She is one of the best heroes in my life.

My great grandma adopted my grandma so that helps to be strong but I can’t seem to figure out why. I will never see my hero again. I believe my hero only made a difference to my grandma, mom, and me. My mom told me a story about my great grandma and my grandpa. My grandma had been asking my grandpa for weeks to fix her shelves in her Beauty Shop.

So one day my great grandma was in getting her hair done and my grandma was telling her about how she has been asking my grandpa to fix the shelves. So then later that day my grandpa came walking in and my great grandma told him what was on her mind. That story is the story that taught me to be strong and confident. That was the first time my great grandma had met my grandpa. He was shocked and fixed it as soon as he could.

My hero category I think is in angels. Now that I am sharing this story and my hero I hope it has put an inspiration to other people to be strong and open minded. She was the most amazing person. She would be so happy right now if she was alive.

Well my hero is my great grandma and I don’t think that will change. I just wished I would have got to know her better. I know that she is in a better place now. Maybe she can still inspire you. Thank you to my mom and family for the information I now have on my Hero.