abraham lincoln

by Alejandro from Fresno

abraham liclon in a chair (from bing (website))

On February 12, 1809 in Hardin county Kentucky, a great president and peacemaker was born.  His name was Abraham Lincoln, son of Thomas Lincoln and Nancy Lincoln.  Abraham was elected the 16th president in 1860.  Abraham Lincoln is known for abolishing slavery.

abraham assassination (bing (website))
abraham assassination (bing (website))

Abraham was killed on April 15,1865.  Abraham's bodyguard went to get some drinks with Lincoln's coachmen.  Abraham stayed by himself then he sat down.  John Wilkes Booth approached him from behind and pointed the gun to Abraham's  head.Then at 10:13 on April 15,1865 Abraham Lincoln was assassinated.

bing images ()
bing images ()

Abraham Lincoln is a hero for me because he was the president that took slavery out.  I admire his work.  I think he was one of the best presidents. If it wasn't for Abraham, I think we would still have slavery now.

In many cities Abraham Lincoln is commemorated by statues or by the five dollar bill.  In the capital of Nebraska they built a monument of Abraham Lincoln sitting down.  Abraham's name is almost recognized all over the world.  Abraham is the only president that appears on an airplane mail stamp.