Abraham Lincoln

by Nathan from Roxboro

Avoid popularity if you would have peace.
Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln

My hero is Abraham Lincoln he was born on Feb. 12, 1809, in a log cabin in Hardin County, Kentucky. Lincoln had a rough childhood. He had to to grow up without education. He had grown up with a family of five, his mother, father, a sister, and brother. Later on his brother Thomas died.

Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln

Abe was my hero because he wanted to have peace, not fight unless he had to. Abraham Lincoln had lived for 56 years, he was a honest peaceful man of his time. He led America during the Civil War which started at 1861. The Civil War was the worst war in U.S. history. Lincoln helped end slavery in the southern states and kept America together when they almost split into two different countries.

Abraham was also a honest man. His nickname was "Honest Abe". He got the nickname because he was honest about everything. In managing the country store, as in everything that he undertook for others. Lincoln did his very best. He was honest, civil, ready to do anything that should encourage customers to come. Abraham was not just peaceful or great he was honest.

My hero Abraham was born with courage. The kind of courage he had was rare. He led us through the civil war, through tough times. The tough times are like when he saved us from segregation. He led us through the tough politics and many more. This is what my hero did for all of us.

On April 14, 1865, while attending a special performance of a comedy, our President Abraham Lincoln was shot. The assassin, John Wilkes Booth, dropped the pistol he shot Abraham Lincoln with. He was carried across Tenth Street, to a boarding-house opposite the theater. The doctors' best efforts failed. Nine hours later, at 7:22 AM on April 15th, Lincoln died. That is the day my hero died.