Abraham Lincoln

by Parker from Loveland

A headshot of Abraham Lincoln ((en.wikipedia.org))

Imagine a world where this hero Abraham Lincoln was still on the earth. Helping out black and white people, being fearless, being bold, and mostly persisting.Abraham Lincoln will be my hero because he did not give up the chance to be fearless. He can be fearless because even though he had a small chance of being president of the United States, he ran anyway and became president. Also he can be fearless because he led us through the Civil War but he sadly died by being assassinated on April 15, 1865. Another reason he was fearless is because when he abolished slavery he could have made a mistake or done something wrong but he did it anyway. Secondly, Abraham Lincoln was also bold. He was bold because he strengthened the government and also modernized the economy. When he spoke out against the expansion of slavery he said, "I think the authors of that notable instrument intended to include all men, but they did not intend to declare all men in all respects. They didn't mean to say that all men were equal in color, size, intellect, moral development, or social capacity." Finally, Abraham Lincoln mostly persisted. Abraham Lincoln persisted because he tried to not give up. Abraham Lincoln persisted because one, his mother died, two he failed in business, and three, he ran for congress and lost, and there are many more. Abraham Lincoln also endured any challenge such as being forced out of his home, lost his job, and tried to go back to school but he could not get in. Possibly known to be the strongest president, Abraham Lincoln tried many times to run for congress, state legislature, but lost multiple times, but he did not lose at becoming president and an interesting fact is that if he were still alive he might run an animal shelter.(Lincoln rescued animals)

Abraham Lincoln in front of American flag ((en.wikipedia.org))

In conclusion, through the points that I stated that Abraham Lincoln was fearless, bold and mostly persisting, when he was alive and if he still were today, then things would be very different. For example, there would be less racism. This is why Abraham Lincoln is no ordinary person but he was a hero, my hero.