Abraham Lincoln

by Ethan from Galt

Abe Lincoln (www.biography.com (www.biography.com))

Abraham Lincoln, a courageous man that would not settle until people had civil rights.  He was my hero because he gave us ideas for liberty. 

Lincoln was born February 12, 1809 in Hardin County, Kentucky.  Abe faced poverty, Indians, and lack of education.  In 1816 Abe's family moved to Indiana because of slavery.  In 1818 his mother died, the following year his father married again.  He had many jobs like, lawyer, representative, and a law partner.  Lincoln was born February 12, 1809 in Hardin County, Kentucky.  Abe faced poverty, Indians, and lack of education.  In 1816 Abe's family moved to Indiana because of slavery.  In 1818 his mother died, the following year his father married again.  He had many jobs like, lawyer, representative, and a law partner. 

Abe made a difference by persuading people to make civil rights.  He told people that all people are created equal.  He said that even though people are different skin colors, God created all of them.  When he became president, the United States divided and elected another president so starting the Civil War.  People abused him and still he did not respond harshly to them.  Sadly John Wilkes Booth assassinated him after the Civil War.

The verse that I think applies to Abe is 2 Kings 12:15                                                                                 2 Kings 12:15

They did not require an accounting from those to whom they gave the money to pay the workers, because they acted with complete honesty.  This verse applies because Abe was honest.

As you can see, Abe was not a quitter.  He also was a person that would not live without liberty. 

The Civil War - has Abe Lincoln in it