Albert Einstein

by Daniel from Laguna Beach

My hero is Albert Einstein. He was a very smart man who grew up in Germany and Italy, and later moved to the U.S. His dad asked Albert's school principal what he thought Albert was probably going to be. The principal said, "It doesn't matter, Albert will never make a success of himself at anything." Boy was he wrong! Albert later became one of the smartest people in the world. Einstein could understand most everything. He could understand physics very well. After college, Einstein became a professor. Later he became a Physicist. Albert Einstein has influenced many authors to write about him. There have also been movies made about him.

Albert Einstein received the Nobel Prize in Physics from then on he had even more success. Einstein's theories and discoveries led to the creation of the television. He also helped invent the refrigerator.

Albert Einstein was the first person to think of the Theory of Relativity. That is the theory that speeds appear different when viewed from different distances. When you are close to an object it seems fast, but far away it seems much slower. For Example, an airplane appears very fast from up close. But when you are looking from the ground at an airplane flying in the sky, the airplane looks like it's moving slowly. When you are in the airplane, it seems stopped even though it might be going over 500 miles per hour.

Many people say Albert Einstein was the smartest man who ever lived. I agree with that and that is partly why he is my hero. Another reason he is my hero is that he is left handed like me.

After he died on April 18, 1955, someone made a statue of him that is still in Washington D.C. That is why Albert Einstein is my hero.