2017 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Finalists

Featuring short films that effectively address the issue of peace.

The PEACE Project: Restorative Justice

Victim Offender Mediation is a restorative justice practice that emphasizes offender accountability, providing victims a voice in being a part of the solution of juvenile crime, and an opportunity to repair the harm caused to the victim.
ROOTED in PEACE - Trailer
ROOTED in PEACE challenges viewers to examine their values as Americans and human beings.

Welcome to the Peace Center

Two student filmmakers embark on a journey into Bukinda, Uganda, one of the most rural villages of the country, to capture the lives of children in The Peace Centre Uganda orphanage.

Karim Sulayman - I trust you

Karim Sulayman stands blindfolded on a street. In his hand is a sign that says "I TRUST YOU."

No exit: Jordan’s most vulnerable refugees -

Producer: Liz Mermin | Thomson Reuters Foundation
Jordan’s most vulnerable refugees get support.

HIAS - For the Refugee

This film was produced for World Refugee Day, to publicise and spread awareness on HIAS' mission and values for the last 130 years.

Reclaiming Pakistan

Producer: Lisa Donato
A civil rights activist, Mohammad Jibran Nasir, sparks a social revolution after almost 140 children were killed in the Peshawar Army School tragedy.

Between Us

Israelis and Palestinians meet over their shared grief and discover that the only way to move forward together is through dialogue.

From Mt. Tamalpais to Fruitvale Station

Producer: Juztino Panella, Brandon Vance, Tommy Reed, Alan Roberson, Jahan Khali...
"Either there's hope, or I am merely dreaming... "A diverse community unites in arts and activism to address the epidemic of police killings of people of color in this dynamic hip hop music video.

The Sunrise Storyteller - Trailer

Producer: Marla Slavner
The Sunrise Storyteller follows the hero's journey of teenage filmmaker & social justice advocate, Kasha Sequoia Slavner, as she sets out for six months on her 16th birthday across the world in search of stories of hope and resilience that shine a light on what it means to be a global citizen and how we can all make a difference.

Blood and Soil In #CHARLOTTESVILLE

Producer: Sandi Bachom
First hand experience of standing up in Charlottesville.

More about Ron Kovic

Click to learn about the Ron Kovic Peace Prize
Credit: Ron Kovic
Ron Kovic
By: Betty Bailey and Jeanne Meyers
Ron Kovic is honored at the MY HERO Celebration of Peace.

Ron Kovic, 2014

By: Robert Shetterly

Organizer created on 10/5/2017 5:27:08 PM by Wendy Milette

Last edited 10/18/2017 1:34:05 PM by Wendy Milette