Press_Release

The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Special Award 2022

by Naomi Gledhill from London in United Kingdom

149835Women Transforming Media AwardMY HEROFor Immediate Release

Contact:
Naomi Gledhill
Staff Writer
07368291723
[email protected]

Eva Haller was born on May 9th, 1930 in Budapest, Hungary. During the Second World War, Nazis invaded her city and though Eva managed to escape, her older brother John, who was part of the resistance, was killed. Following this loss, Eva vowed to honor her brother through helping people.

Eva is now a philanthropist, activist, executive, Board Member and friend of MY HERO, and has been a mentor to generations of activists, women in particular. She has been honored with the inaugural Forbes Women Excellence in Mentoring Award and the Ban Ki Moon AI Mentorship Award by 8th UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon. Eva continues to advise and mentor many humanitarian organizations, such as Asian Initiatives, Women for Women International, Free the Children and the Jane Goodall Institute. You can find more about Eva Haller here: /EVA

At the 12th annual MY HERO International Film Festival, Eva Haller received the inaugural Women Transforming Media Award. Eva had the idea of establishing an award to inspire and support filmmakers, from elementary school to the professional level, who create outstanding work that features women changemakers or tackles women's issues. Hence The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award was established, with the support of The American Association of University Women. To find out more about this award, view here: https://vimeo.com/581658003

MY HERO are proud to be partnering with The American Association of University Women, who have been empowering and investing in women, both as individuals and as a community, since 1881. They have been doing through research and education, as well as educational funding, public policy, legal advocacy, leadership development, and global outreach. You can find out more about AAUW here: https://www.aauw.org/

To explore the previous winners of The Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award: /wtm-award

To view this year’s finalists: /2022-women-transforming-media-finalists

About MY HERO International Film Festival

The MY HERO International Film Festival brings together professional and youth filmmakers who honour local and global heroes working for positive change in the world.  Thanks to generous sponsors, prizes are awarded to elementary, middle school, high school, college and professionals in a variety of categories including documentary, narrative, music video, animation, experimental, and more.

To find out more about the Film Festival go to: /Films/festival

MY HERO invite you to attend the 18th Annual International Film Festival Award Ceremony as part of the Eva Haller Salon Series on the 19th November at 2:00pm (PST). Find out more: /2022_mhiff_virtual_special_awards_ceremony