Ocean

SIDDHARTHA

Directed by: Sean Fee | Production Company: TASTY PICTURES | Documentary | Switzerland | 10:16

Visually informed by the stark, impressive landscape of the Norwegian Lofoten region, this film looks at two individuals, a young man and a young woman, both have a powerful relationship with the ocean.
The young man Siddhartha is a travelling surfer searching for meaning and trying to understand what makes him the way he is. Drawn by the immense beauty and power of the ocean he uses his surfboard to interact with something elemental and pure. This in turn seems to have an effect on his inner visions and he begins to see how nature can fill in for some of the role models he might be missing.
Linn is a local Norwegian sailor and fishes for a living. She takes pride in her families traditions and ponders familiar myths about the ocean. She is driven to provide for her young children.

The film presents darkness, fear, and extending past your comfort zone as something with inherent value. Something we can analyse and use in our understanding of ourselves. It aims to show how the characters are developing their relationship with these parts of themselves.