Press_Release

RON KOVIC FEATURED AT EVA HALLER SALON

by MY HERO Media from Laguna Beach, CA

CONTACT:                                                                                       FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Jeanne Meyers
Co-founder and Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]

RENOWNED AUTHOR, PEACE ACTIVIST AND VIETNAM WAR VETERAN RON KOVIC TO BE SPECIAL GUEST AT EVA HALLER SALON SERIES

APRIL 15, 2024 - LAGUNA BEACH, CA - The esteemed Eva Haller Salon Series is proud to announce that Ron Kovic, acclaimed author, artist, and peace activist, will be the featured guest for the upcoming online salon on Saturday, April 27th, at 2:00 pm (PST).  Among other things, Kovic will discuss his latest literary work, "A Dangerous Country: An American Elegy."

Eva Haller is a 93-year-old activist, philanthropist & holocaust survivor. Her weekly salons bring together artists, scientists, and media makers from around the globe.

Ron Kovic rose to international prominence as the author of the New York Times best selling autobiography "Born on the Fourth of July," which vividly recounts his experiences as a United States Marine Corps sergeant during the Vietnam War. Paralyzed from the chest down during combat in 1968, Kovic's indomitable spirit and profound reflections on war, sacrifice, and redemption have captivated audiences for decades.

In addition to his literary achievements, Kovic's life story was immortalized in the Academy Award-winning film of the same name, directed by Oliver Stone and starring Tom Cruise. A tireless advocate for peace and veterans' rights, Kovic's influence extends far beyond the pages of his books, inspiring generations to confront the realities of war and strive for a more just and compassionate world.

"Ron Kovic is one of America's great voices on war and what it does to the body and soul. His story is as timeless and tragic as the country itself," remarked Bruce Springsteen, endorsing Kovic's latest work.

"A Dangerous Country: An American Elegy" completes Kovic's Vietnam Trilogy, offering readers an intimate glimpse into his journey of healing, forgiveness, and spiritual redemption. The book draws from Kovic's Vietnam diary, revealing his transformation from a patriotic young soldier to a passionate advocate for peace and justice.

To request an invitation to join Eva for an enlightening conversation with Ron Kovic as he shares insights from his remarkable life and discusses the enduring relevance of his work in today's world, please email [email protected].

To watch previous salons, please go to: /eva-haller-salon-series-2

Ron Kovic is a great friend to The MY HERO Project and annually gives the PEACE PRIZE at the MY HERO International Film Festival.