Cy Young

by Joseph from USA

My hero is Cy Young. He was one of the best baseball players ever. He was born on 1867 and died in 1955 when he was 88. He grew up on a farm in Eastern Ohio where he owned many animals. When he became a Major League Baseball player, he said, “I thought I had to show my stuff and I almost tore the boards off the grandstand with my fastball.”

Cy Young holds the most pitching records in baseball history. He had his best season in 1901. He played so well all of the fans knew for sure he was going to make it to the Hall of Fame. In 1901, he had the most wins and strikeouts. At the end of that season, Cy Young was bound to make it to the Hall of Fame.

In 1904 Cy Young pitched a perfect game. He had the most strikeouts in baseball and played for many different teams. He played for the St. Louis Cardinals, and the Boston Red Sox midway through that season. He pitched two perfect games that year. When Cy Young played for the Boston Red Sox, he won two games in the first modern World Series.

Cy Young helps me believe I can reach my goals in every sport I play. He also helps me have a good attitude on and off the field. Cy Young is a great person to admire and to look up to.