Derek Jeter

by Jay from New York

Derek Jeter is a hero because he is always kind to everybody. He is a pro baseball player. Jeter is also caring about the environment around him. He does not care about what race kids are. He treats everyone equally. He knew what it was like to be judged about your race. Derek is kind.

Derek has had some interesting stuff happen in his life. Derek was born in Pequannock, New Jersey. When Derek was born, his family moved to raise him in Michigan. Derek’s mother is white, his father is black. Derek says it doesn’t matter what race he is. Derek Jeter always wore something that had to do with the Yankees. Derek has a younger sister. Her name is Sharlee. Sharlee also played sports. Derek didn’t only play baseball, but he played basketball, too. Derek played with two people who are now in the NBA. Derek has had an interesting life.

Derek played baseball for his high school. He was the best shortstop. Unfortunately, Derek twisted his ankle running to first, so he missed several games. Finally, he could play again.

Derek is very talented. Derek is athletic. He is so athletic -- he has a shotgun arm like a pro quarterback. Derek is very good in math. He said math is his favorite subject. He got really good grades in math. Derek was also good at basketball. Those are three of Derek’s talents.

Jeter started programs. These programs help to steer kids away from substance abuse. He also started a baseball clinic for all of his young admirers. Derek and his family help teenagers and young adults with their problems. Jeter runs pretty good programs.

As you can see, Derek Jeter is a great hero, not just because he is a baseball player, but also because he is very helpful and caring in the community. Therefore, he is a great hero!