Greg S. Kasabian

by Evan Kasabian from Tyngsborough

My dad's name is Greg Kasabian. You may or may not have heard of him. He used to live with me, my mom and my three brothers in the small town of Tyngsborough just outside of Boston. My dad had Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma cancer. While he had cancer, he was promoted to Sargent Detective, named Massachusetts policeman of the year for 2001, saved a man from committing suicide, and most of all, cared for his family.

By the time you read this, my dad will have already passed away. During the time I wrote this, he was put to sleep. I hope all of you reading this now understand that, in my view, he is the greatest hero of all. He used to collect comic books with me and we used to talk about our most favorite heroes. He never knew he was a hero himself.

It has been very hard for me, a 12-year-old kid, to write this about my father. I really hope you all understand the great person I once knew -- my dad, Greg Kasabian.