Cyclops

by Eric from Wilmington

My dog Cyclops who knows he is in big trouble.

My dog, Cyclops, is my hero because he always cared for me. He was brave and strong and he helped me. My parents got him in 1993, a year before I was born. Cyclops was a Boxer. He was 5 years old when he died, which is 35 in dog years. Even though he did not always listen to my dad and me, like when he chased the neighbors’ cats and we had to yell at him to stop it, he always looked out for me.

I know he cared for me because he made me happy when I was sad. He always licked my face and made me happy. When I was little and I came home from school, the first thing I did was to go see him. He was always there for me when I was in trouble and licked my face.

I know he was brave and strong because once my mom told me that when she was pregnant with me, a huge dog came up and ran towards her, but Cyclops ran up and chased it away. If it hadn't been for Cyclops, I might not be here.

Cyclops helped me when I was lonely and he always played with me. Even though I was little, I sneaked downstairs and watched PG-13 movies like Doom. When I sneaked back upstairs and went back to bed and started being scared, I felt better when I remembered Cyclops was there and would protect me.

Cyclops was a great dog! He played with me and he was always there for me. He made me happy. He protected my mom, my sister, my dad and me. He always licked me and made me laugh. That is why he is my hero. I really, really miss him.