Yun-Hao Zheng

by Dian Zhu Ye from PingTung, Taiwan

Everyone will admire and respect somebody if they think he or she is a hero for them. They may not have an attractive appearance but they certainly have a kind and enthusiastic mind; they may not have an outstanding educational background but they try to do their best on everything. So we can say for us, he or she is my “hero.” And now, I’d like to introduce a person to you. My hero, a man, enjoys dancing, singing and performing, is a leader of a musical team and he would like to have a whack at what he never tries. Why I want to talk about him is because his persistence and perseverance have affected me a lot for a long time.

‘‘Yun-Hao Zheng’’ is the man who I have adored from the bottom of my heart. It seems that I find no any fault about him.

To let everyone understand him easier and care about him, Yun-Hao Zheng is a companionable person, just like his English name ‘‘U-Know.’’ In 2002, he first appeared on a Korean entertaining TV program. At that time, polite and humble as U-Know is, he started to be focused on. Later, U-Know finally led the other four members to stand on the stage after five year's effort, from 1999 to 2003. The first time they showed off with the team name ‘‘TVXQ’’(Tong Vfang Xien Qi), nobody would think that they would be such a prodigious existence in the future. TVXQ hadn’t won lots of musical prizes until the end of 2008. In February 2009, they kept holding the title ‘‘the foreign singers who had the most champion of Single of Oricon.’’ And in 2010, they also broke Mariah Carey’s and Billy Joel’s records of songs ranking. As for other countries’ musical teams, maybe five-year musical combination is easy to do, but it will be regarded as a miracle in South Korea. And they made it and succeed to develop in South Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan and so on. Being the leader for several years, the excellent results make U-Know convincing. Even though he sometimes is awesome and won’t be slack on many things, he doesn’t look distant.

Maybe fewer people will know the original reason why U-Know decided to make himself to debut in entertainment. His family is too poor to afford his younger sister’s traveling expense of suspension from school. To not make his sister disappointed, U-Know participated in a variety of dancing competitions to earn premiums and took many part-time jobs for his living charges. Because of that, he once had had no fixed place to live for a long time, rushing about and living in different friends’ homes, even though he slept in the subway. And now, while recalling those memories, he just said "thanks" for the bosom friends’ help at that time. After working in entertainment, U-Know always does his best on anything and he met with a lot of frustrations. For example, to make his voice more clear and look more mature, he had his nineteen-year eyeteeth pulled out. In May 2006, he had a trouble of his dental nerve and had an operation immediately. On account of problems of teeth and overmuch notice, his face is too swollen to wear a mask; He once had a serious problem of sound and was almost unable to speak and eat. But he still adhered to dancing and singing as usual and completed the contest in Japan; In the contest of Thailand, U-Know had a leg injury and walked with difficulty. But he kept working. After that, he was carried by his broker to go through the airport with a gaunt and expressionless face. Pertaining to former setbacks and difficulties, U-know usually keeps silence or says the benefits of the knots with a smile. If he didn’t participate in dancing competitions, he wouldn’t have the achievement today; If he didn’t temper his willpower with the experience that he took a part-time job in the snow, he wouldn’t strength the friendship between himself and his members.

So I think how Yun-Hao Zheng can lead the other four members, who are as outstanding as him and even develop in whole Asia, all depends on his tenacity. He may not be the most lovely, the most handsome and the most intelligent. But he is the most staunch. It is possible for U-Know that as long as he can stand onstage, all the suffering will be boosts. This is the man I have supported for four years, he makes me learn well what the real persistence and perseverance is and spending everyday seriously and meaningfully.

Dian Zhu Ye Writes: