Yuri Gagarin

by Kristina from Miass, Russia

My hero.

Hero is a person, who performs a heroic act, who rescues people from death. Sometimes heroes sacrifice their own life to save other people’s lives. For some people a hero is a famous actor or businessman who succeeds. For nother people a hero is their father or mother.

Different people consider that a hero may be a hero from their favorite books. I want to tell about the first Russian cosmonaut, Yuri Gagarin. He was born on 9 March 1934. Yuri Gagarin wrote a letter asking to enroll him in a group of cosmonauts on 9 December 1959.

On 3 March 1960, he was enrolled in a group of cosmonauts. On 12 April 1961, Yuri Gagarin flew in space on a spaceship «Vostok». He risked his life for space exploration. Yuri Gagarin became the first man, who flew in space. Nowadays the 12th of April is Space Day in Russia.

I think that Yuri Gagarin is a real hero. He performed a heroic act, he wasn’t afraid of suspense and he made a huge step in the development of our country and the whole humanity.

Kristina Markova