My Horse, Winny

by Ivana from Trnovo, Slovenia

My hero is a very special animal. An animal, that makes me happy every day and who loves me. I want to present it to you because I want people to now that animals have feelings and needs too. They can love and they can feel happiness or pain. They can save our lives and they can be our heroes.

Animals act instinctively. They do what they feel. But a lot of people don’t now that. That’s why they are killing many animals. Every second, every moment die thousands of animals!

But some of them are living quiet a happy life. And Winny, the main character of this story has a very happy life.

She’s a beautiful small pony. She lives in horseback riding club, where we meet. She is a club pony and everyone can ride her. She's white colour. Her mane and tail are white too. She has big brown eyes and light velvety nose and friendly character.

Sometimes she’s a little stubborn. She likes to eat and she is a full of energy. Sometimes I thing, that she really understands me. She becomes one with her rider. I really like her because she’s brave, strong and stamina.

We met long, long time ago at the horseback riding club. Now horseback riding is my hobby and my favourite sport. She’s my hero because I started my horseback riding with her help. She was my friend and my teacher. I will be grateful to her always. Now I don’t ride her any more. She’s too small for me and I’m too big for her. But we are still friends and every time when I see her I give her a treat or a carrot.

I remember that one day she did something amazing and I will never forget that. It was a nice sunny day and I was riding Vita. She's a big, light brown horse, bigger than Winny. And Vita doesn’t like ponies so much. So, when I was riding her, Winny came into the park. Vita, the big horse, become angry and she reared up on its hind legs. I was so scared. I could have fallen off her back! But Winny calmed her down with a stroke of her nose. I'm very, very, very grateful to her. She's absolutely my hero.

Now you see that animals are sensitive beings. They know when we are sad or afraid even frightened. They can consulate us. They are very loving beings.

Winny was my first pony. She taught me how to ride. She makes me happy, when I'm sad. And she saved my life. Isn't she a hero? I will never forget our friendship.

Written by Ivana Hren, Slovenia, Primary school Trnovo.