Wayne Mark Rooney

by Ellie from Bradford

What happens on the field stays on the field.
Wayne Rooney and the Manchester United Crest (koffii.com)

Have you ever wondered what it's like to play in a national soccer team? My hero found out! Wayne Rooney is my hero and he is a very good soccer player. I like him a lot. Whenever I watch him I learn some tricks and try them out at soccer practice!!

Rooney with his son Kai at the Manchester United  (news.yahoo.com)
Rooney with his son Kai at the Manchester United (news.yahoo.com)

Rooney was born October 24, 1985 in Liverpool,England. Rooney went to school at De La Salle School in Liverpool. Rooney's family members are a little boy and a wife. When Wayne Rooney was a kid people would call him Wazza. Wayne Rooney was spotted by Everton whilst playing for his boy's club Copplehouse Colts aged just 9! Rooney's family lived in one of the worst parts of England.

He was influenced by Duncan Ferguson who played for the Glasgow Rangers and Everton because of his attitude and aggression on the field; and also Alex Ferguson, one of the best managers in the country. Rooney broke his foot just before signing with Manchester United. Rooney had to practice hard and not give up to get fit and to help his foot so he could get to sign up to play with Manchester United.

Rooney in his England Uniform  (forum.iranproud.com)
Rooney in his England Uniform (forum.iranproud.com)

Rooney does not give up. He plays hard and aggressive and is very skillful. In many games he scores the winning goal. He signed up for Everton at the age of 9. He played for Manchester United and is one of their top goal scorers. His first game for England was 2003. His first goal was against Macedonia in 2003.

Rooneys character trait's are courage, teamwork, confidence, self-control, effort and responsibility as he plays in front of thousands of people. Teamwork is important because they have to work together to score goals. Confidence is needed because he has to try and score goals. Self-control is needed because he cannot lose his temper. Effort is needed because he has to try hard and not give up. Responsibility is needed so he can try to get some goals to win the games. Rooney has influenced me because when I watch him play he always tries hard and never gives up trying to score goals with confidence. When I watch him I try to learn new skills which will help me become a better player like him. Rooney followed his dreams from an early age and became a national soccer player and he inspires alot of people, especially me, by the way he plays and never gives up.

Bandy, James. "MATCH!." Bauer sport. 2009.