Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

by Lena from Samara, Russia

W. A. Mozart (http://www.lexscripta.com/midi/classical/)

Everyone has his hero. Different people have different heroes. There are many heroes. In my opinion any person can be a hero. At our English lessons we read a lot about heroes and famous people.

As for me my hero is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. You can ask me why? I’m fond of music. I study music at school. Now I am in the seventh form. Our Music lessons are always intense and interesting. I’m fond of playing the piano. At our lessons we learn to write dictations, sing songs and to play. It’s very interesting to know a lot of wonderful things concerning the world of music. I haven’t played Mozart's greatest music yet, but I am eager to do it. His music is magic and I like to listen to it. I can listen to it days and nights long.

Now I’d also like to say some words about Mozart. His full name was Johann Chrysostom Wolfgang Mozart. W. A. Mozart was one of the greatest composes of the world. He was born in Salzburg in 1756. He was a genius. When he was a child he began to show his great talent for music. His father was also a musician. Mozart started to play one of the instruments when he was only three! His sister started to play at the age of five. By the age of eight he had visited London, Rome, Geneva… He became great and famous.

Mozart composed classical music which is now played all over the world. I have read a lot of books about Mozart. People all over the world like his music. As I have already said Mozart is one of the greatest composers of the world. He was an interesting person. He is a very good example for me.