Walt Disney

by Elliot from St. Albert

(I drew it.)
(I drew it.)

My hero is Walt Disney. He was born in Chicago, Illinois on December 5, 1901. Later, he moved to Marceline, Missouri. He passed away on December 15, 1966. He tried to enlist in the military, but was too young, as he was only 16. He then joined the Red Cross and was sent to France where he drove an ambulance for about a year. His ambulance was covered with cartoons! Micky Mouse made his first appearance on November 18th, 1920 at Colony Theatre in New York. Walt Disney used to say, “You can design, create, and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to turn the dream into reality!”

Walt Disney is my hero because he built the Disney parks. He put time and effort into creating the parks so that children and adults can be with the family and have a ton of fun at the same time. He cared for the people and loved them enough to build the parks. Without him, there would be no Disney cartoons, no Micky Mouse and no Disneyland. I love to go there and I don’t know what would happen if there was no Walt Disney. He expanded the imagination of almost all the children in the world. If you asked a 5 or 4-year-old girl what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would probably say a princess in a beautiful castle. That’s because of the Disney Princesses.