Valentina Tereshkova

by Anna from Miass

My hero

For each person there is a hero. My hero is Valentina Tereshkova.

Valentina Tereshkova is the first-ever woman-cosmonaut. She committed her space flight on June 16th, 1963 by spaceship Vostok-6. The flight proceeded almost three days. On the day of the first flight in space, she told her relatives that she stayed on doing parachuting competitions. Her family learned about her flight from the radio news.

During her flight, Valentina felt ill. Despite a nausea and physical discomfort, she could commit 48 turns round the Earth, and actually she spent almost three days in space where conducted the logbook and took photos of the horizon, which was later used for the detection of aerosol layers inthe atmosphere.

I consider that for a woman it is the biggest heroic act. Not everyone could dare a flight in space, especially for a woman of that time. I think that Tereshkova is a hero because I respect this courageous act that glorified her for the whole world.