Vincent Caruso

by Anna from Wheeling

When I think of a hero, I think of a person who takes care of one another. He or she should be nice to other people. They should help people in need of comfort. That is what I think of a hero. My hero is my dad.

My dad takes care of my family and takes care of other people to. He is a radiologist. That is a type of doctor. He looks at x-rays. Sometimes he does surgery. When he gives surgery, he puts little camera in people's bodies to see what happened inside. Then he helps take care of the patient. One time I had to go to the hospital when I was about five turning six to get a cat scan. He was at work, but when I got to the room, I got scared. My dad came in to check on me. I was crying. I thought I had to get surgery. My dad walked in with me so I would not be as scared. When he told me about the machine, it calmed me down a lot. After the scan was over, I got a lollipop and got to go home and rest.

My dad is very nice other people. My friend Caroline was at my house one day and we were playing outside on my driveway. All of the sudden, my friend fell and her toe nail ripped off. My dad came rushing out and helped her. He carried her inside, put medicine on her toe, and gave her a lot of band aids so no bacteria will get in. She felt so much better.

My dad is not just nice, but caring. He helps people. My uncle is very old and just had eye surgery. He needed some help with getting around his own house. When he was in the hospital, my dad went and checked on him every day. That meant a lot to my uncle. He felt so much better, like Caroline.

My dad is a great person. I am so proud of him. He has been with my family every step of the way. He helps my family and other people. He checks on anyone that is in the hospital that he is working on. Sometimes when he comes home he tells my mom about the people he helps. My dad also has a funny personality.