Violet Bradley

by Cali from Innisfil

"I love you"

Violet Bradley was born in Kingston, Ontario. Violet Bradley has 2 brothers and 18 sisters, not including the 5 other children her father had. As a child, Violet's family did not have much money so she and her brothers and sisters all would play together. There would have to be 3 or 4 to one bed. Violet Bradley is my great aunt because she is my nan's sister.

One of Violet Bradley's main influences was my great grandpa Art Matheson (Violet's father). He was one of her main influences because he helped her to grow to be kind and not selfish.

The challenges my hero faced were losing her husband (Craig Bradley) and also, she put up a good fight because she had cancer. Sadly just this past September Violet Bradley passed away. It was terrible for her because she was devastated when her husband died and also she had to deal with bad pain when she was sick.

One thing that she did that I felt was important is, before she passed away, she made sure that everybody knew how important we were to her. We told the same to her.

The reason why Violet Bradley is my hero is because she never thought that much about herself, she always thought and cared about others and even if some didn't treat her kind she would just blow them off (they aren't worth it she would say). The character traits she showed were honesty, leadership, respect (everyone she met and knew), forgiveness and happiness.