Terry Fox

by Cody from Bradford

I know you can do the impossible.
terry fox5 (internet)
terry fox5 (internet)

Can you run across Canada? Well, I'm going to tell you about someone who can. He is Terry Fox. He was born on July 28, 1958 in Winnipeg Manitoba. When Terry was growing up he liked to play soccer. Terry was on a team and he liked to play basketball. When Terry was playing a game Terry got a pain in his leg.

terry fox2 (internet)
terry fox2 (internet)

Terry family members where his mom and his Dad and his 2 brothers named Darrell and Fred and his 1 sister, her name was Judith. When Terry was 18 years old he was a first kinesiology student at Simon Fraser University. He played for the junior varsity basketball team in 1977. He was the shortest member of the team, and had to work really hard to make the team and play on the team.

terry fox3 (internet)
terry fox3 (internet)

Terry Fox had some character traits. He had responsibility, he never gave up on his goals and he had caring. He cared for the kids that had cancer so he ran for cancer research. He also had faith because he had goals and he never never gave up raising money for cancer.

terry fox (internet)
terry fox (internet)

Terry had some influences. Terry influences me because he helped kids that had cancer and he ran for money to beat cancer. He had a goal. It was to raise money for cancer research. And he did it.

When Terry was growing up Terry inspired his friend Rick Hansen to raise money for spinal cord research. Terry was an excellent sportsman. I picked Terry Fox because he never gave up and he helped kids that were dying and really sick. That's why I pick my best hero, Terry Fox.