Thomas Alva Edison

by Asher from Shelter Bay

Young Edison (thomas-edison-house.<br>visit-louisville.com)
Young Edison (thomas-edison-house.
visit-louisville.com)

Thomas Alva Edison was born in February 11, 1847 in Ohio and passed away October 18th 1931 at the age of 84 in West Orange, New Jersey. At the age of 7 years old he went to a one room school with 38 other kids who were all 11 years old. He only lasted 12 weeks in class. His teacher thought he asked too many questions and that he was "addled". Today he might be thought of as having ADHD. His mother pulled him out of school and home-schooled him.

When he grew up, he became an inventor and an entrepreneur. Some of his inventions were the phonograph and the carbon microphone. He also worked on improving the light bulb. His first light bulb lasted 13.5 hours and his second light bulb lasted 1200 hours. He also made the famous electric distribution system.

Thomas as a Young Adult (grassroads.blogspot.com)

Thomas Alva Edison had 2 wives. His first wife was Mary Edison; she died and then he married Mina Edison.

Thomas Edison (www.columbia.k12.mo.us)
Thomas Edison (www.columbia.k12.mo.us)

He is my hero because if he didn’t improve the light bulb, we would still be using candles! I'm really thankful that Thomas Alva Edison made a light bulb ! He struggled with many things he even spent years on 1 project. He was probably the most determined person at that time. I'd admire that 'hero' quality!