Susan Orzolek

by Bradley from Wheeling

A hero is helpful, kind, and forgiving. When you hear the word hero, you think of Superman, or Batman, or Spiderman. Well, it's not. A celebrity is not one either (unless they're a good, helpful one). A true hero is something or someone you learn from. A hero is a person who does these things. That's why my hero is my mom.

My mom is helpful and very selfless, she never thinks about herself. This past Thanksgiving break, my mom encouraged my dad and I to go help the less fortunate by helping prepare them food. We went to a place called Black Knight's Castle and helped my cousin, Kyle's school. My mom and dad got to dress up as Indians and assign people to their tables. I got to be a server, not a waiter. A server, a person who serves them their already prepared food. My mom is helpful because she helped the less fortunate and is selfless to put on the Indian outfit.

She is also very kind. My mom helped take care of her parents when they got hit by a motorcycle. She went to UPMC Hospital to pick up grandpa, he already had surgery on his arms and was ready to go. She would send me over to his house to help him do stuff he couldn't do and to keep him company. I stayed over for about a month. After my mom's work was done, she would come there. She ended up coming there about everyday. That's how my mom is kind.

My mom is forgiving a lot. One time, my brother broke my mom's favorite teapot, and she was as angry as a bull! she sent him to his room, but forgave him. He had to say he was sorry and had to make up for the money, but my mom found another one! That's why my mom is forgiving.

My mom is special, just like yours. My mom helps friends, family, and strangers. My mom knows what's best for me. She is nice overall. That's why mom is my hero.