Superman

by John from Glendale

Superman is an Inspiration

People get inspired by many figures. Some people get inspired by cars, people or goals they set in life. However, most people are inspired by other people, like actors, presidents and comedians. Inspiration can create a positive or negative feelings.

The person that inspires me is a cartoon character named Superman. Rocketed as a baby from the exploding planet Krypton Kal-El, raised by the farmer Jonathan Kent and his wife Martha Kent. Kal-El grew up on Earth, which the sun and lighter gravity gave him fantastic super powers! In the city of Metropolis, he poses as a regular news reporter Clark Kent, but battles evil all over Earth and beyond.. as Superman! He has super powers to help people in time of need. This is like students that need help with homework and to study and prepare for a test. Superman also has super powers to help the community from evil villains. This is like teachers and counselors helping student with bad behaviors.

Superman has inspired me in different ways. He has inspired me to be involved in the community, by volunteering after school at a Youth Center. These are the ways I am helping at the Youth Center, by helping kids with homework, passing out food during snack time and playing sports in the gym. In addition, I am also helping Armenian Youth Federation Members that are kids between the ages of 8 to 14 years old with Armenian cultural history. At both locations, the Youth Center and the Armenian Youth Federation I help kids with social skills as well. For example, I talk with kids that have bad behaviors to find out what is wrong. You never know, the kid might just need some attention.

Just like Superman, I am doing my part by helping others every day in school and in the community. I am helping others with good and bad attitudes. Therefore in return this makes me feel qualified as a real life Superman.