Sulaimanya

by Aras from Sulaimanya, Iraq

My City

My City is called Sulaimanya (in the north of Iraq) Kurdistan region. It was built by Ibrahim Basha, the head of Baban state in 1784. He named the City by his father's name (Sulaiman). He chose this location by it nice weather and favorable strategical area for traders.

Sulaimanya is located in mountain range with mountains called Azmer, Goyzha, Piramagrun, Qaradax, Sagrma, Sara, Gmo, and Qandil. There are two lakes: Dukan and Drabandixan, and several rivers: Sirwan, Zalm, Tabin, Chami Rezan.

I was born in Sulaimanya City and am living with my family in a small house in the city center.

my city (from high bulding in the city centre)

My hero is Sulaimanya City. It is wonderful, clean, attractive, modern and has nice citizens.

We have much agriculture production, which are produced in my city, like fruits, vegetables and food grains. We have industrial production too, like wood and plant oil.

You can see my city (Sulaimanya) in a world map in the north of Iraq.

My best, Aras Fayak.

my city - (in the north of Iraq)