Sonia

by Martina from Innisfil

My hero is my great grandma Sonia. She worked for the GE factory. She is my dad's grandma and she is my great grandma. When I met Sonia she was already in a wheel chair.

Sonia was born in the year of 1924. Sonia had one brother and one sister. Sonia went into a coma when she was 65 years old. She was in the coma for 6-8 weeks. Imagine being asleep for 6-8 weeks! The doctor didn't think she was going to wake up but she did. After the com,a most of Sonia's body was paralyzed. Sonia was in a wheelchair for 13 years. Sonia also couldn't talk for 13 years. Sad isn't it! So Sonia had to learn hand language. Sonia died in the year 2002. Sonia was 78 years old when she died.

Sonia is a hero to me because she went through life trying to eat and be healthy she so she could have an enjoyable life. But Sonia had a lot of help by my dad her husband and my mom, also my grandpa Ron.

Sonia displayed courage because she was trying to live longer. And survive through life. She inspires me because she tried to overcome a really difficult situation.