Ir. Soekarno

by Chya Shintya from SMAN 5 Bandung

Ir. Soekarno
Ir. Soekarno

My hero is Ir. Soekarno. He was born in Surabaya, 6 June 1901. He studied in Technische Hoge School (Institut Teknologi Bandung), and finished in 1926. We can call “ bung karno” . He was famous as an orator, his speech is capable to arise fighting spirit of society. Since his youth Soekarno was always involved in political action for fighting freedom of Indonesia. He erected Algemeene Studie Club in Bandung at 1925. And then he erected PNI (Partai Nasional Indonesia). Many persons said Ir. Soekarno is clever at instigating other people to made a revolt. And then Ir. Soekarno and some members of PNI went to prison. After he left from the prison, he headed Partindo ( Partai Indonesia), and made sure the direction of this mission was to get freedom from Netherlands. He went back to the prison and was sent to Flores. He left after Japan controlled Indonesia.

This is Soekarno in action
This is Soekarno in action

I like Ir. Soekarno because he had a strong wish to fight for freedom for Indonesia. He was very brave to get his desire. I have a wish to have a big and strong spirit for having anything I need, when I see the struggle of Ir. Soekarno and I know this is useful for a free nation.

Thank You Ir. Soekarno !

You are the best.