My Sister

by Ann Akkuzina from Ponino, Russia

In the modern world, but among young generations particularly, there are heroes, they try to imitate them. Exact definition of the hero is impossible to give and every person has his own image of him. For someone a hero is a very strong person, for someone he is a person, defending other people, but some people consider that they are heroes themselves.

For me a hero is my sister. She is a very good person, and I love her. My sister is 4 years older than me. When I was small, she played with me, walked and read books. But time goes on and we grow. She was the first child in our family and had many difficulties. She had her own her way, she solved them herself. It was not easy to learn in an unknown city, communicate with new people first year. There were such moments, when she was ready lower her hands and give up, but thanks to the support of close relatives and friends she overcame everything. Now she is an adult and helps me with my problems of teenager during hard periods in my life. My sister gives me pieces of advice on how to behave in different situations. I can say with great certainty that my sister is the best person in the world, but I don’t want to say that other sisters in our world are bad - simply, that she is one of a kind. I’m very grateful to my sister, because thanks to her I have done my first steps in life.

So, for me an ideal hero is a person who is good; kind; funny; daring; clever.